Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Felt, Floss & Bling


Valentine's day is one of my favorite holidays.. I love the colors, hearts and flowers.. This layout is the result of my first experience with felt and paper.. I sewed the edges with my "In Stitch'z" floss by Bazzill.. I often find many different techniques in various magazines & blogs. One in particular was a felt page with hearts which was the inspiration for this layout with the
"mermaid twist" on it :)
While rummaging through the clearance aisle at JoAnn's.. I found a children's valentine kit with embossed foam hearts in pink,white and red.. I decided to use them to create my own embellishments.. I used stickles in pink and red to decorate the white heart and sewed the edges with my pink floss. I added some pre-glittered heart shapes to the centers of my hearts and trimmed some pink felt using scalloped craft scissors, then attaching to the back. A couple glitter beads and there you go.

No comments: